European Center for Human Reproduction European Center for Human Reproduction
34 Jeseniova St., 130 00 Prague, Czech Republic

Male infertility treatment

Male infertility amounts about 40-50% percent of total infertility. In this case a man is unable to fertilize a fertile woman. The reasons are numerous and cover abnormalities in all points of sperm producing and transporting. They include problems in testicles. ejaculation disorders, low level of testosterone (a hormone which is responsible for producing sperm), abnormal semen, smoking, stress, alcohol, taking some medicines that cause infertility problems, exposure to toxins or radioactive sources and many others.

So a treatment must start from full examination of an intended father. Nevertheless, about 90% of men's infertility  is due to poor sperm quality, low sperm counts or both. The other 10% are genetic defects, hormonal problems or anatomic disorders. Age is important male infertility cause but not so critically as in woman infertility.

In the majority of cases it is possible to cure the infertility.

Male infertility treatment

It very important to clarify if it is possible to normalize the work of reproductive system, or the mission is to get enough spermatozoa for fertilization.

The first task is often very expensive and enduring with time being very critical for infertility treatment.

The second aim today can be reached very easily.

There are several stages in treatment, starting from drug therapy. Of course, the type can be defined by the physician only.

If unsuccessful or skipped the next stage is IUI (intra-uterine insemination) treatment and IVF (in-vitro fertilization).

These methods allow to achieve pregnancy even with single spermatozoa which is real progress. The best spermatozoon can be selected by morphology to increase the chances for fertilization.

If there are no spermatozoa in ejaculate (because of vasectomy, lack of vas deferens or blockage), there are effective techniques that allow to get the sperm from the epididymis or testes. They are testicular sperm extraction (TESE), microsurgical epididymal sperm aspiration (MESA) and others.

If nothing works then an intended parent should use sperm donation.

Male infertility clinic

When choosing yours from many male infertility clinics it is important to find exactly the clinic which specializes in male infertility medical treatment and learn the pregnancy rate not in general but with the diagnosis that an intended father has. Very often there are several professional gynecologists with a single average andrologist. In this case intended parents will be directed to IVF although having all the chances to conceive.

Our European Center for Human Reproduction consults everyone who wants to become a parent. In the above-mentioned case we will find the clinic with the best repute and tell you about all the possible medical and legal details. 

Get in touch with us